Friday, November 13, 2009

Wet CX Sunday??

Looks like it could be a wet rainy one this Sunday for the finals of the DeStad series. Though it seems the St.Mary's grass drains well so likely just greasy.

I don't even think I'm going to panic & bring my sscx as a pit bike like I have in the past when it looks wet. I know this strategy is going to catch up too me sooner or later.

I decided last year it just wasn't worth it to run two dissimilar bikes in cx. until I can lay may hands on a used Ridley that I can set up as a clone of my race bike I'll be gambling with my pit strategy.

Though in the Midwest we truly don't have a lot of mudfests...thank god. It just adds to the expense of a race. Mud specific tires, new cables, new chains & brake pads add up in a hurry.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Scott-
    What size is your Ridley Crosswind?
    Are you looking for frame/fork only or parts and pieces too?
    Are you coming up to KC for any more CX races this year?
    Mark
    marktkrause@juno.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis