Friday, October 23, 2009

Results Boy talks Upgrading

ResultsBoy talks Upgrading:

Read the link. Very appropriate for whats happening in the Midwest right now. There at least 5 guys in Cat 3's right now in the Destad series that should cat up & race with the rest of us pack fodder in the open race. It just makes for better racing. Who cares if you cat up & are struggling for a top 20. The more people in the race the faster you get & the better the racing action is. No Open race time trial death march waiting to get lapped. Full blown racing for 20th.

Granted you get a pretty big prize for winning the overall in Cat 3's(free entry into all the races the following season) but take my example & move up. I was probably one race away from clinching the overall cat 3 series win two years ago. Guess what I did? I didn't poach me another cat 3 win. I moved up & started taking my lumps. Trust me I've taken a lot of them. I'm happy now to stay on the lead lap. Now I'm working on getting me a top 10(baby steps). I know the likes of Shad, Winkler, Tilford, & even Butthead are going to throttle me but I still toe the line because I love racing CX. I really love going fast in a CX race. Even though I'm mid pack we're still going pretty damn fast. And when you get down to brass tacks that's what its all about having fun. Because CX freaking rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis